Share, inspire, encourage, support, challenge & grow

.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Women of All Ages Classes

My Sunday School class  composed of women of all ages is such a shot in the arm for me each week. I always go away so encouraged and inspired, and I would recommend anyone finding a small group to share their faith and life journey as they study God's Word. And I love the age differences where the younger ones can learn from the older ones, and vice versa, and that's biblical.

This is the third church that I've attended that's had a Women of All Ages Class. Frances Leigh felt led to start one in Cotulla First Baptist Church, and that was my first class. Her intention was to minister to divorcees, but married women also gravitated there because the teaching and camaraderie was so wonderful. Thank you, Frances, for listening to the Lord and meeting a need in providing a safe, healing, and supportive class for women of any age at FBC.

I next attended a Women of All Ages Class in a large Baptist church in Austin. The class was team-taught by two amazing Bible teachers who happened to be former lesbians. The Lord definitely took me through a learning curve with these two remarkable women and the struggles they faced with their sexuality and their faith. The class started off small, but grew to where we had to move to a much larger meeting room. And when I went through my divorce, this was the church I attended, which was a tremendous help to me during that difficult time. I have no doubt God orchestrated that, too.

And now my current Sunday School class of women of all ages at FBC Taylor is taught by two extraordinary women: Judy Schroeder and Penni Hudson. They are so knowledgeable about the Word of God, and between the two of them, they have such amazing experiences in missions and travel throughout the Holy Land and other countries with ties to biblical history. And God is using their life experiences in such a mighty way to minister to other women going through similar situations. Thank you, Penni & Judy, for your friendship and prayers and ministry through this class of women of all ages.

No woman is immune to the difficulties of life, but they are much more bearable when you have women of faith that understand what you're going through and are willing to come alongside of you in prayer. I don't know how people function in this life without their faith and God's grace, peace, guidance, and strength during challenging times, which are most often demonstrated through his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment