Share, inspire, encourage, support, challenge & grow

.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day in DC

My daughter & her family & I made a flying trip to DC to visit my son/ her brother for five short days, which happened to fall on Mother's Day weekend. Bonus!


We became very familiar with the Metro, DC's subway system. 
My grandkids felt like they were on a carnival ride every time we boarded it.


We slipped into the back door of the Capitol for a tour


And spent a lot of time looking up at some amazing things


like the Rotunda ceiling


and a very tall statue of Abraham Lincoln, 
sculpted by an 18 year old girl!


We walked around the side of the Capitol after a visit to the Library of Congress, which they evacuated while we were there due to an unattended package left in front, probably left by a tourist. But they were playing it safe for everyone's sake.


We made it to the front of the Capitol (I assume it's the front), which faces the Mall.


Little August did great on the trip, and spent lots of time smiling.



This beautiful cascading water structure was in Meridian Park 
across the street from my son's apartment building. 


We got plenty of exercise walking, but the weather was nice and cool.


It was the nicest Mother's Day weekend I've had in years. 





No comments:

Post a Comment