Share, inspire, encourage, support, challenge & grow

.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Rigor Mortis or Life?

Too easily I find myself gravitating toward 
                           the path of comfort, 
                                             the place of no conflict, 
                                                             the sound of quiet.  

I look around, and I am alone. 

When I am alone, I can create my own perfect world.

When I am alone, I don't have to worry about offending anyone.

When I am alone, I don't have to worry about disagreement.

When I am alone, I don't have to defend my beliefs.

When I am alone, no one suffers from my mistakes.

When I am alone, no one sees my flaws.

When I am alone, I close my heart to avoid pain.

When I am alone, I forget to live.

I find it all too easy to reside in my world of one.

In my world of one, I feel my strength wane.

In my world of one, rough edges remain when no grit of change polishes me.

In my world of one, I am blind to my faults.

In my world of one, I get lazy when nothing challenges me.

In my world of one, I forget to pray.

In my world of one, I stop growing.

In my world of one, regret haunts me.

In my world of one, I must fight to leave it before rigor mortis sets in.

To live is to come out of hiding, stretch my limbs, open my eyes.

To live, I must stop escaping and live in the now.

To live, I must seek God through his Son, thank Him, talk to Him, & intercede for others.

To live, I must continue to learn, express, think, & act.

To live, I must defend, occasionally offend, sometimes bend, & lend a hand.

To live involves sometimes tripping & falling, but always getting up.

To live is to engage, listen, speak, & listen some more.

To live is to experience loss to attain gain and growth.

To live is to open my heart, at the risk of pain.


To live is to love above all else, and through it all, to love.




1 comment: