Share, inspire, encourage, support, challenge & grow

.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

'In the Arms of God'

I just wanted to share with you what God did for me today. My Sunday School class has been doing a Beth Moore study, so that's what I've been doing each day during my quiet time. Since we're taking it slow, though, I tend to get too far ahead in the book, so the last couple of days I've picked up Max Lucado's devotional, Grace for the Moment, and read two weeks of devotionals at a time since I've been way behind on that one since Mom passed.

I started reading on September 9th and decided to read to my birthday on September 24th. The thought crossed my mind that I was expecting God to give me something special on my birthday devotion. I have been enveloped in sadness the last four months and eleven days-- not sad that Mom's with the Lord, just sad because I miss her presence so much. This house that we both enjoyed isn't the same without her. On October 25, four months after she passed, I wrote on my calendar, "I didn't cry today." It gave me hope that the deep sadness would lift some day.

Remember I said the thought crossed my mind that I was expecting God to give me something special on my birthday devotion? Well, He did. Here is what the September 24th devotion-- my birthday date-- said:

"In the Arms of God
Everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. John 11:26

We don't like to say good-bye to those whom we love. Whether it be at a school or a cemetery, separation is tough. It is right for us to weep, but there is no need for us to despair. They had pain here. They have no pain there. They struggled here. They have no struggles there. You and I might wonder why God took them home. But they don't. They understand. They are, at this very moment, at peace in the presence of God...

When it is cold on earth, we can take comfort in knowing that our loved ones are in the warm arms of God. And when Christ comes, we will hold them, too."

And today I shed tears of joy with that little reminder that God knows. He's very aware of what's happening in my life... and yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment